Hutch is looking for an experienced UI artist to help deliver benchmark quality games.
Above all, the candidate needs to value clear communication, friction free flow and an appreciation for well-crafted simplicity. We don’t want the user to have to think so the candidate needs to understand how to create a smooth and intuitive user experience for a broad range of users – not just traditional gamers. The candidate will work with creative stakeholders, the design team (who design the UX through wireframes) and the engineering team.
Craft and Style:
We require style flexibility for differently themed games. The artist needs to empathise with different audiences and understand what’s culturally relevant to them.
– Consistently high quality, well-crafted and well organised work
– We expect the candidate to posses the prerequisite graphic design skills (sense of
proportion, layout, graphical form, typography etc)
– Flash animation
Tools and Technical Skills:
We use different tools for different games so it is important that the UI artist engage with the toolset, understand the technical capabilities of the platform and find creative solutions within technical constraints.
Additional tools and skills:
– Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
– Adobe Flash, Scaleform
– Knowledge of Action Script (3) is valued however proficiency of a similar scripting language
with a willingness to learn Action Script is also good.
– A general willingness to learn new tools and solve technical problems
– Experience with Unity is beneficial
We have a permanent position available but we’re equally willing to discuss contract positions.
To Apply: Contact email@example.com stating the job title in the email subject