Hutch is looking for an awesome Technical Designer to take a key role on our brand new concept in multiplayer mobile racing games.
Reporting to and working closely with the Product Owner, the Technical Game Designer will be the only dedicated designer on the project, primarily responsible for core gameplay quality and detailed F2P economy balancing, but getting involved in every aspect of the design as far as your enthusiasm and talent allows. You will be a central and critical member of the team.
If you can prove the following we’d love to hear from you:
– Ability to work independently and efficiently as part of a small, fast-moving team.
– A good understanding of free-to-play, and how it combines entertainment and business goals.
– A passion for mobile games, racing games and cars.
– At your happiest getting your hands dirty with the tools available and being the driving force behind overall gameplay quality.
– The ability to contribute towards game design, including meta-game and economy decisions.
– Attention to detail in balancing complex sets of game data.
– The flexibility to accept and manage changes in the plan.
– Easy going attitude – being flexible with new ideas and most importantly open to direction and iteration.
– Ability to communicate and collaborate with the Product Owner, coders and artists to deliver your area of the game to the highest possible quality.
– Proficient in Unity 3D
– Held a key design role on at least one iOS or Android title.
– Have examples of your level or track design for us to try.
– Know a thing or two about cars – e.g. How it would feel to drift a GT86 compared to a Mustang (even if you’ve never actually done either).
Experience with an established company is great but we’d also be interested to hear from you if you’ve got a proven track record outside of the corporate world.
We have a permanent position available but we’re equally willing to discuss contract positions.
This position is for our Brighton location.
To Apply: Contact email@example.com stating the job title in the email subject